Welcome to my blog, featuring various pieces from my collection of Oz books, artwork and memorabilia!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Bookends!

It's been a while since I've had an Oz project to post! This is a pair of bookends made by Progressive Arts Products in the early 1970's. The company made quite a variety of plaster or chalkware figures and bookends. This set of the Scarecrow and Tin Man are popular with Oz collectors, for obvious reasons.

I started with a set that had suffered some major wear and tear - I've never been fond of the paint job on these, and this set was particularly drab. Since they were already in distress, I decided to restore them, add a new coat of paint, and freshen them up. So here they are, newly polychromed and ready for service!

2 comments:

Bell-Snickle said...

Beautiful job! They almost look glowing in that light

Bill Campbell said...

Thanks - the wonders of flash photography...