Welcome to my blog, featuring various pieces from my collection of Oz books, artwork and memorabilia!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Graphic Oz

There have been a number of Oz comics/graphic novels in recent years. I don't tend to collect these, but do have a set of the graphic novels written and drawn by Eric Shanower. I've mentioned in a past posting that Eric Shanower is my favorite among contemporary Oz illustrators. I have one small original piece of his artwork, aside from drawings in several collector's copies of Oz books published by Hungry Tiger Press.

The portrait of Glinda shown above is from 1985, the period when Shanower's graphic novels of Oz were bring produced. The four novels were reissued in a single volume, Adventures in Oz, in 2006 and are very enjoyable.

This is a small drawing, but nicely detailed - I like the decoration of hearts on the hem of Glinda's dress.

No comments: