Welcome to my blog, featuring various pieces from my collection of Oz books, artwork and memorabilia!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tik-Tok

Having done two fabric figures and two wooden figures, I decided it's time to try metal! Actually, Tik-Tok has fallen together more easily than I expected although I'll admit to cheating - he's brass, not copper. But with a little patina work, he's pretty convincing...

He's mostly made from a variety of lamp parts, along with some additional material. He has his winding key, and three winding spots - one under each arm and the middle of the back. Unfortunately, he doesn't actually wind up... Oh well - we'll have to call in Smith and Tinker for that!

4 comments:

Bell-Snickle said...

Great job, especially on the face!

Anonymous said...

Stunning. I want one.

scott said...

That's one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen!

Bill Campbell said...

Thanks! - It'll be interesting when I get to the Tin Woodman, I think he may be a little slower to come together!