Welcome to my blog, featuring various pieces from my collection of Oz books, artwork and memorabilia!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oz Hats

Earlier in my blog (here) I mentioned that I once had two hats from the 1981 Children's Theater Company production of The Marvelous Land of Oz. I worked at the theater while I was in college at the time, and after the show was filmed for video some of the costume pieces were tossed. These hats were disposed of, and I latched on to them.

I passed them on to my nieces, and assumed that they had long since fallen apart and disappeared. However! My sister recently visited, and as proof that she reads my blog, she delivered the two hats. I should have realized that they would still be lingering somewhere in her house. Here they are - 28 years later, somewhat worse for wear but still recognizable. The question is, what do I do with them now?

1 comment:

oznickolaus said...

Your hats look great compared to some of the original costumes th theatre still has. the still have full Woggle-Bug mask, as well as Lack Pumpkinhead's head. the Woggle-Bug mask was laying on the floor crushed bu some other stuff. Jack was on a shelf.

The Tin man costume is stil there....at least the chest part is. It's fairly beat-up though.