Welcome to my blog, featuring various pieces from my collection of Oz books, artwork and memorabilia!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Latest Bugle

The latest Baum Bugle arrived a few days ago, featuring the centennial of Ozma of Oz, the Oz book for 1907. Ozma has always been one of my favorites, as it has been for many readers. I particularly enjoyed an article in this issue by Michael O. Riley examining the story arc of Ozma and the three following books, with the idea that these four books truly constitute the Oz series - after all, the series was intended to end with the last title of that group, The Emerald City of Oz. The other major articles are an appreciation of Ozma by Atticus Gannaway, a review of the series Tin Man by Eric Gjovaag, and an article on Arthur Freed by Mark Griffin. As always, a fun read - and a very nice mention of my blog as well!

No comments: