Welcome to my blog, featuring various pieces from my collection of Oz books, artwork and memorabilia!

Friday, May 30, 2008

What's Going On?

I've been surprised to find that some of my blog posts and photos are being lifted and appearing on another Oz blog, without permission or credit as to their origin. While I realize that posting material on the web might make it more or less fair game, common politeness would dictate that permission be asked and some acknowledgment be made concerning ownership. I would like to be able to continue posting photos from my collection without resorting to watermarks, but if necessary I will start to apply labels. I'd appreciate some courtesy in this matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrible. And very un-Ozzy!

I hope that doesn't discourage you from posting. The Oz Enthusiast is the only Oz blog I regularly read.

Jay said...

Yeah... That is pretty rude. The VERY least they should do is link back to the blog. (I've had people do this to me a bit. In my case, I deleted the posts I'd made or edited them a bit, not a lot, but enough to make them look weird if someone tried looking them up on my blog.)